Ziptrak Vs eZip Blinds
Ziptrak blinds are one of the cost-effective ways to transform any outdoor living space. If you and your family love socialising outdoors, Ziptrak blinds could be a practical and stylish solution to entertaining outdoors all year round.
Our affordable range of premium quality Ziptrak blinds and vertical screens are specifically manufactured with the harsh Australian elements in mind. They will not only shield you and your outdoor area from the Australian weather but also prevent annoying insects like mosquitoes and flies from ruining your day.
As Designer Blinds And Plantations is one of Sydney’s, Brisbane’s & Gold Coast’s leading installers of Ziptrak blinds, we are pleased to offer Australians our extensive range of premium quality, long-lasting, and affordable outdoor products that will improve the value of any home. Also being 100% Australian-owned and operated, you can rest assured that you take delight in your new revitalised outdoor space many years into the future.
Outdoor living spaces have become increasingly popular, and many homeowners are looking for ways to enhance their outdoor areas for comfort and convenience. Two popular options for outdoor blinds that offer different features and benefits are Ziptrak and eZip. In this comprehensive comparison blog, we’ll delve into the key differences between Ziptrak and eZip outdoor blinds, helping you make an informed decision for your outdoor space.
Ziptrak Outdoor Blinds:
Ziptrak outdoor blinds are known for their innovative design and functionality. They are designed to provide protection from the elements while maintaining an open-air feel. Here are the key features of Ziptrak outdoor blinds:
- Track-Guided System: Ziptrak blinds utilize a patented track-guided system, which allows for effortless operation. The blinds can be easily raised or lowered along vertical tracks, providing smooth and precise control.
- Weather Resistance: Ziptrak blinds are built to withstand various weather conditions. They are often made from high-quality materials that are resistant to UV rays, wind, and rain, making them suitable for year-round use.
- Versatile Fabric Options: Ziptrak blinds offer a wide range of fabric options, including transparent PVC, sunscreen mesh, and block-out materials. This allows homeowners to choose the level of visibility, light control, and privacy they desire.
- No Zippers or Cords: Ziptrak blinds do not rely on zippers, cords, or pulleys for operation. This not only simplifies the design but also minimizes the risk of wear and tear, ensuring long-lasting performance.
- Custom Sizing: Ziptrak blinds can be custom-sized to fit your specific outdoor space. Whether you have a small balcony or a spacious patio, these blinds can be tailored to your needs.
Features of Ziptrak
- Spring-balanced operation: This provides a simple and easy hand operation, making it much easier to use than cords and pulleys.
- Welded Kader spline: Provides one-half of the tensioning that you see in track blinds and allows for the blind to roll up and down inside a track with relative ease.
- Aluminium bottom bar: This provides a stable attachment point for the material, allowing for an even spread of pull so that the material doesn’t stretch.
- Pivoted centre lock release on the bottom bar and side locking system: Provides a means of locking the blinds when fully pulled down and releasing the lock when you wish to operate them back up.
- Skinny aluminium outer channel and inner track guides: This is the second piece of the tensioning system. When combined with the welded Kader, it provides a tight hold of the fabric to prevent rattling in light breezes.
- Fully enclosed aluminium headbox (optional): Provides a superior look and a protective casing for the material.
- Bottom rubber attachment for the bottom bar: Allows for the bottom bar to cushion onto the floor.
- Aluminum top tube: Provides a stable “roll” to allow the material to run seamlessly.
eZip Outdoor Blinds
eZip outdoor blinds are another popular choice for outdoor shading solutions. They are designed with durability and functionality in mind. Here are the key features of eZip outdoor blinds:
- Channel-Guided System: eZip blinds use a channel-guided system, which provides stability and resistance against wind and other outdoor elements. The channels secure the fabric in place, preventing flapping and ensuring a taut appearance.
- High-Quality Materials: eZip blinds are often constructed from durable materials such as PVC, acrylic, or mesh. These materials are chosen for their ability to resist fading, tearing, and damage from UV exposure.
- Weatherproof Sealing: eZip blinds are designed with weatherproof sealing, which helps create a barrier against rain and wind. This feature is especially beneficial for outdoor areas that need protection from harsh weather conditions.
- Manual or Motorized Options: eZip blinds are available in both manual and motorized versions, giving homeowners flexibility in terms of operation. Motorized options can be controlled remotely for added convenience.
- Customization: Similar to Ziptrak, eZip blinds can be customized to fit the dimensions of your outdoor space. This ensures a snug and tailored fit.
Features of eZip
- Optional operations: Including spring-balanced, crank-operated, and fully motorized, allow for an element of choice and provide solutions in situations where spring-balanced may not be the optimum choice.
- Welded self-lubricating polymer Zip: Superior to a kader as it allows for a slight give in the spline, reducing the risk of fabric distortion while providing the same advantages.
- Heavy and evenly weighted aluminium bottom bar: By increasing the size and adding steel rods to each end of the bottom rail, the weight distribution of the bottom bar is improved, resulting in a superior finish and better blind fall due to the enhanced weight distribution.
- Twistable centre lock release: Allows for easier release of a spring-balanced operated blind. The robust design also provides heavy-duty performance.
- Large and adjustable channel and track with nylon zip guide: Similar to Ziptrak, this works with the zip to provide tension. An added bonus is its adjustability to fit the area, ensuring consistent blind alignment.
- Fully enclosed retention system: Unique to eZip, this system retains the fabric while hiding and protecting the welds from the elements.
- Fully enclosed aluminium headbox (optional): A larger profile box that allows for more fabric roll and provides better stability.
- Larger bottom rubber: Provides cushioning and allows for a larger area in case of floor slopes.
- Galvanized steel top tube: Superior to its original aluminium counterpart as it offers a more high-tensile option that actively reduces tube deflection due to its superior nature.
Comparing Ziptrak and eZip:
Now, let’s compare Ziptrak and eZip outdoor blinds across several key factors:
- Ziptrak: Effortless operation along vertical tracks, no zippers or cords.
- eZip: Stable operation with a channel-guided system, available in both manual and motorized versions.
- Weather Resistance:
- Ziptrak: Resistant to UV rays, wind, and rain.
- eZip: Designed with weatherproof sealing for protection against harsh weather conditions.
- Fabric Options:
- Ziptrak: Offers transparent PVC, sunscreen mesh, and block-out materials.
- eZip: Available in various materials, including PVC, acrylic, and mesh.
- Ziptrak: This can be custom-sized to fit your outdoor space.
- eZip: Also offers customization for a tailored fit.
- Ziptrak: Track-guided system provides a clean and sleek appearance.
- eZip: Channel-guided system ensures a taut and neat appearance.
- The pricing of both Ziptrak and eZip blinds can vary based on factors such as size, material, and additional features.
When choosing between Ziptrak and eZip outdoor blinds, consider your specific needs and preferences. Both options offer reliable protection from the elements and enhance the usability of your outdoor space. Ziptrak is favoured for its innovative track-guided system and fabric choices, while eZip excels in stability and weatherproof sealing. Ultimately, the choice between the two will depend on your individual requirements and design preferences.
Contact Designer Blinds and Plantations for a free consultation today!