Designer Blinds and Plantation generally collects personal information from customers for the process and provisions of our goods and services. We also gather personal information from third-party sources, but only if clients have expressively consented us to collect such personal details. Below is a detailed explanation of how we collect information from our customers:
Online Contact Forms
We use contact forms to collect personal information from customer inquiries. We may utilize such personal information to introduce some of our goods and services to customers as well as inform them of our upcoming promotions, product innovations, and service discounts.
Website Access and Usage
External Sources of Information
We may collect personal information from other companies, but the details may be limited to what is necessary to help us provide the goods or perform the services in an effective manner.
Purpose of Advertising
Personal information may be used in various advertising forms, which may seem tailor-fitted to the interest and current location of our online visitors and customers. This does not mean users will receive more advertisements, but rather advertisements from third-party vendors and affiliated sites which are relevant to their target interest.
Term of Disclosure or Application
We, at Designer Blinds and Plantation, will only use personal information for a specific purpose being requested from us or any other purposes which are related to one of our activities, such as marketing initiatives and customer care services. We will not disclose your personal information to other third-party companies except for the following conditions below:
- Prior consent from you through writing a formal request
- You have been informed that such personal details would need to pass on to another party
- For the purpose of legal disputes
- If disclosure is authorized by law or deemed necessary for the implementation of criminal laws
- If disclosure would prevent and imminent threat to someone’s life
Designer Blinds and Plantation often takes proactive steps to secure your personal information against unauthorized access, mishandling, and data loss. We enforce the following data protection protocols to ensure that all valuable information and project details are completely secured in our data servers:
- Password protection for all IT-related systems, including password protection and log-in access
- Use of updated SSL security systems
- Internal policies regarding the use and storage of personal information, business details and revenue details
- Restricted employee access to sensitive information where applicable
- Data encryption to all transactions, such as project invoicing, payment schedules, contract terms, and client information among others
- Creation of backup data from secure servers
If the client no longer requests for personal information, all details are eradicated safely from our secure servers. Inactive client accounts are also removed from the system in order to minimize the risk of a data breach.
Correction to Personal Information
We, at Designer Blinds and Plantation, take all the necessary procedures to keep your personal details and service history updated and accurate. If you find any of your personal information incorrect, please communicate with us through the contact details provided at the bottom.
As per Australian Privacy regulations, there will be scenarios where we cannot provide access to personal information without any prior consent from the concerned party, for instance, if disclosure would put someone’s life in great danger. Also, be reminded that third-party sites that are linked to our website may acquire personal information from you. It is suggested to review their individual privacy statement page to know how your personal information is being collected.
If you think that there has been a violation concerning the use of Australian Privacy Principles in this policy, feel free to call our attention through email, voice call, or direct mail.